Sunday 12 June 2016

Top 10 Authors I Want to Read Completely

Hey guys!

So today I am back with another Top 10 post. This one is about my Top 10 authors I want to read completely, so all the novels they have put out so far. In this post I am only talking about authors who have other series in other universes as well, which is why I didn´t mention authors like for example Leigh Bardugo. She only has books out that take part in the Grisha Universe and while I love her books and want to read all of them she doesn´t qualify for this post. I am planning on posting another entry where I only talk about these authors who have only written “one universe” so far soon, so keep your eyes out for that as well!

Gillian Flynn
You may know Gilian Flynn as the author of “Gone Girl”, which I own, but haven´t read yet. What I have read of hers is “Dark Places”, which I liked. It was a very interesting story, with good atmosphere and an excellent resolvement. Many people say though it is not their favourite book of hers, so I am really intrigued what else she has written for me to check out.

Jesse Andrews
One of the last books I read was “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl”. If you have seen my review (read it here) you know that I wasn´t the biggest fan nof either the story or the characters (except for Mr. Gaines, you go Mr. Gaines!), but really liked the humour and formatting of the book. He recently released a new novel called “The Haters” and lots of people, who had similar problems, to the ones I had, say that this one is better than his first book.

George R. R. Martin
The “Song of Ice and Fire” series is still a work in progress, but the way Martin crafts his world, so careful and fleshed out, has me wanting to read his other books. I love fantasy, which is what he is best at, so I am curious to get more into other worlds of his e.g. “Dreamsongs”

Jonas Jonasson
Jonas Jonasson is the author of “The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Dissapeared” (woah that´s a mouthful) I read that one, as well as his other book “The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden”. Both of these I really liked and had a great time reading, so I am only waiting until my library gets his newest release “Hitman Anders and the Meaning of It All”.

Morgan Matson
It seems like Morgan Matson has been making at least one entry on each of my lists so far. I still haven´t read any of her books, but I will this summer I promise! I already own “Since You´ve Been Gone” and it is on the top of my Summer TBR (which is another post of mine, you can read here). Still, from all that I have heard so far I just know that I will probably love everything she writes, hence the reason she is on this list.

Brandon Sanderson

Remember what I said about really liking fantasy? Brandon Sanderson ´s “The Final Empire” may be the only book of his that I´ve read so far, but it is so so great. It has left me wanting to read everything else the man has ever published. And that´s a LOT. This is definitely a long-long term project as most of his books have about 800 pages each and he seems to publish at least two each year. But still, just the idea of the cosmere has me in awe and his stories are great, so why not?

Rainbow Rowell
I am completely in love with every single one of Rainbow Rowell´s books I have read so far. Granted, I have not started any of her adult books, but since “Fangirl” and “Carry On” are one of my favourite books of all time and I liked “Eleanor and Park” I think I will enjoy her others as well.

Brian K. Vaughan
Most of you probably know Brian K. Vaughan as the writer of the hugely popular comic book series “Saga”. I absolutely love Saga, but recently I have started another series of his called “Y-The Last Man” (which is also on my Summer TBR). As I really like this series as well I now want to read more of his work. I have done some research and I am interested in reading “Ex-Machina” or “Runaways”. He also just released a new tradeback called “Paperback Girls Vol 1”, which sounds really cool as well.

John Green
Who hasn´t heard of John Green? He is the authors of widely popular books like “Looking for Alaska”, “Papertowns” and, of course, “The Fault in our Stars”. I have read those three and to be honest I wasn´t much of a fan, especially of “Looking for Alaska” I just found it boring and pretentious. “The Fault in our Stars” was fine, but I am probably one of the few people that didn´t cry #sorrynotsorry. “Papertowns” I enjoyed but didn´t love, but still I am determined to find a John Green book I love, as his short story in “Let it Snow” was my favourite.

J.K. Rowling
As you may or may not know Harry Potter is my favourite series of all time (and my whole life as well, but let´s not talk about that), so it should come as no surprise that I want to read more of her novels. Rowling is just a master in storytelling and I do like a good thriller/crime story, which is what she writes under her pen name Robert Galbraith, so I hope to pick up her other books very soon.

Which authors do you want to read completely? And have you read any of the books mentioned above? 

Read on xx
Lena

1 comment:

  1. The Robert Galbraith books are EXCELLENT and I would definitely recommend them! This is a great post- lots of authors I haven't read at all!

    http://jennys-words.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete